Tuesday 28 September 2010

Aloha!

My first full day in Hawaii and it's been glorious.

Up early (maybe a wee too early) to see the sunrise over Oahu.

The boys started filming at 0700 at the swimming pool. The pool is made up of 1.25 MILLION individual pieces of glass in a huge mosaic ... impressive indeed.

From there we filmed the Spa and my mock arrival. We were shadowed for a while by local celebrity and delightful person Olena Heu who anchors for the KHON2 - the Fox news channel here in Hawaii. ILT was the story ... ( http://www.khon2.com/content/news/developingstories/story/International-travel-TV-show-filming-in-Hawaii/B-Df-w2Y_U61xzchcuPGnQ.cspx?rss=2433 ).

From there it was an interview with the COO of Halekulani - Peter Shaindlin. He's a bit of a legend in the hotel world ... coming from Rosewood Hotels and now the COO of the Halekulani Corporation.

Then - my suite review. It's one of the three Premier Suites on property. It has a fabulous view of Waikiki Beach, the Ocean and Diamond Head ... it's quite romantic ...

SO the suite: 250 square metres in area, 1 bedroom with king bed and 50" HD plasma, an amazing bathroom with plunge pool, a dining room for 6, Sub-Zero Wolf Chef's Kitchen and entertainment room with a $500,000 Steinway & Sons Speaker System. As I write this, I am listening to Puccini and feel like I am at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden - front & centre. The quality is THAT good!

The executive chef - Vikram Garg popped round to show me how to make a fish dish - Onaga with salad. Yum!

Finally out to the al-fresco dining "House without a Key" to watch Kanoe Millar and her lovely Hawaiian dancing!

I am now absolutely pooped and have a busy day tomorrow! Aloha!

Song of the Day: Blue Hawaii - The King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4F5dbiaITw

Weather: Sunny & Hot!
the pool
being interviewed - it's not easy you know!
the lovely Olena Heu
the boys with former miss Hawaii (& model & tv host) - Cindy Paliracio
my view
my bathroom - plunge pool & regular bath! how spoilt am i?
no taps on the wash-basins
THAT home entertainment system! I want!
Onaga
Chef Vikram
Kanoe Millar dancing
Now THAT is what I call a sunset!
The lovely hotel PR - Diane Ako









 
blogger template powered by fraktiv