Monday 6 September 2010

Greetings from the "Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara" in Abu Dhabi.

It's mid-afternoon and over 110 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Wisely, I am in my suite while the boys are filming genral shots of the resort. IT'S HOT!

I have just had a wonderful 90-minute Thai massage from a lovely, small but extremely powerful, lady whose Thai nickname is "Mew" ... fabulous.

Anyway, I am pleased to report, that even though the amenities on the flight over were desperately bad, the service was rather pleasant. This is a change from the usual BA order of business.

It was just a 6.5 hour flight -- which stops off in Abu Dhabi-- with its final destination Muscat in Oman. From the airport it was a 200 kms road journey & 20 minute boat ride (8 kms) to Desert Islands - my home for the next few nights.

There are just 64 rooms & suites in this resort ... that sits on the Sir Bani Yas island. More about that all tomorrow ...

Have to be up early for a game drive ... yes a game drive ... but for now I am going to join the boys in my private swimming pool ... oh, did I not mention that fact? More on that tomorrow too!

Stay different everybody ...

Song of the Day: Monday Morning - Melanie Fiona
http://www.youtube.com/watch=v?sG8QgSzY3nI

Weather: Are you kidding? Sunny & Hot!






 
blogger template powered by fraktiv