Sunday 12 September 2010

Greetings from The Yas Hotel ... on Yas Island ... in Abu Dhabi City ...

This episode will "wrap" tomorrow.

I was up at 0400 to have a final quiet swim in my pool ... so I am, once again, exhausted. We went "dune bashing" in 4x4's first thing. We even drove down a 200-metre wall of sand ... it was quite freaky but very enjoyable.

I was VERY sad to bid farewell to my new friends at Qasr Al Sarab ... a totally unforgettable and magnificent experience. The best resort in the UAE? Most definitely ... !

It was a 2.5 hour drive to the City from the desert. We ended up at Yas Links Golf Course ... where I played golf with the club professional Nick Oakley.

Until 2000, there was only a sand course here in Abu Dhabi ... now there are three "championship" standard courses including Yas. It was awfully hot as we smacked balls around the course. My drive on the 18th was memorable ... mostly everything else was quite forgettable!

I am here at the hotel which has the Grand Prix circuit sitting under it! More on all that tomorrow.

Off to sleep - have an early start tomorrow ....

Song of the Day: Crazy - Seal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fc67yQsPqQ

Weather: Phewy! Sunny, shiny, hot ... sweaty, yucky ... scorchio!

maraika makes herself useful by lighting me up ... on the desert sands of liwa ...
varun of arabia ... ha! lost ... as usual ...
stuck in the sand ... and no, this is NOT my fault!
whooooooooooo! 200 metre drop ...
my driver ... expert driver i should say ... atif zaidi
chalky white and rather ... different ...
hot hot hot
nick holds his breath in anticipation ....
chip off a dune ...
tim makes friends with the fairway
chequered flag on the 18th
nick holes out ... a birdie on the 18th! well done sir ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv