Saturday 18 September 2010

It's 80's day on VH-1 again. This means that all the plans I had for the day - run a marathon, paint the house, mow the grass, write an opera, design a new all-purpose reusable space vehicle and find a cure for myopia have been put to the back-burner. Instead it's all about Prince, Duran Duran, Madonna, The Cure, Tinita Tikaram, Rick Astley, Genesis, Simple Minds, David Bowie, George Michael ...

Don't get me wrong, I don't look at the 80's and agree with everything that went on -some of the fashions and hair-cuts (including mine) were ... erm ... VERY wrong ... but for music and movies, that decade was THE best.

This time next week I will waving farewell to England ... and travelling "west" for 32 days. It's a long time since I did a full month of filming and while I am excited, I am also wary that I am going to lose all concept of reality. You see, in hotels & resorts, I am a fiend.I leave wet towels on the bathroom floor, never make my bed ... and invariably leave clothes all over the place.

Tonight is all about fine red wine ... and ... well, we'll see which humidor that leads too ...

Song of the Day: Two Tribes - Frankie (Varun) Goes to Hollywood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIeMTqoonlo

Weather: (Pink, Pink) Sunshine (Fuzzbox)

Saturday evenings have never been the same
oh yes!
Miami Vice ... better than the movie!
The Young Ones! awesome!
Bowie --- Let's Dance ....
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv