Tuesday 20 October 2009

Woke up early ... to find the sun shining outside! It would be another lovely day here in Chicago.

The boys have arrived back home in London ... tired ... I do that journey tomorrow.

So - I have done very little today. Breakfast was with The Talbott's lovely GM - Troy Strand. The hotel has 149 rooms & suites ... and I have a 1-bedroom on the 4th floor overlooking the street. The Talbott reminds me of The Mark in NYC (pre-2007) and The Milestone in London ... it's very comforting and homely. I am very happy here. The hotel is just a block away from The Elysian and couple from The Peninsula.

So - did some shopping ... did some eating ... did some tea ... did some walking ... did some sight-seeing ... did some chattering ... did some snoozing ...

Chicago has gone Victoria's Secret crazy as the new "superstore" officially opens on Thursday. I am not a fan - now, Agent Provocateur - THAT rocks!

Last day here in Chicago tomorrow. Tonight should be fun!

Song of the Day: Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P09gm_I5RI

Weather: Pleasant

the talbott
for tim ...
there's a moo in the room

bedroom (with signet - glenmorangie to hand)
bathroom (bath, shower ... 2 basins)
lounge (+ television, wet-bar, desk and warmth)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv