Sunday 18 October 2009

I wish I had satellite radio in the car in England. Over here - Channel 8 - XM - "80's on 8" plays all my favourite songs and today it was the best of 1985. I did not want to leave the vehicle ..

The weather has been AWESOME! No clouds ... no rain ... not too chilly ... just warm Fall sunshine ... yum!

Anyway - after breakfast - we headed out to The Pooch Hotel. We met up with Maggie Fulghum - the GM - and her two babies, Bear and Rocco. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool (30 feet), spa, kitchen, treadmill ... exercise areas - one for big pups and one for small ones - and suites of course. We toured the hotel and I even got to stay in the Presidential Suite with Bear sleeping on the bed ... awesome! It's a fabulous property and was quite full with happy, smiley and non-aggressive pups!

Next up we headed to the Chicago Yacht Club - a private club at the Belmont Station. Lake Michigan in 331 miles and is one of the five "Great Lakes" ... 307 miles long & 118 miles wide - the 2nd largest lake in the world.

I am NOT a sailor! I am not a fan of water ... of any kind! I met up with the sailing school director, the lovely Maggie Lumkes who took me out for a lesson on the lake in a "420" ... we tacked ... and possibly jibed ... and had fun on the water without getting wet! The views of the Chicago skyline are superb!! I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon!

I am staying in Chicago until Wednesday but the boys head home tomorrow. We have one feature to film in the morning ... and a sunrise& sunset to do .... tonight ... curry!

Songs of the Day:
C'est La Vie - Robbie Neville
If You Stay - OMD
Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
Alive And Kicking - Simple Minds
One Night Love Affair - Bryan Adams
Hooverville - The Christians
Song of the Day:
Cry - Godley & Creme
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdKJBxWZdoI

Weather: Purrrrfect!

fin .. still on my mind
fin's hotel
bear on a treadmill
with rocco
in bear's presidential suite ...
maggie fulghum - the gm - my best report card EVER
chicago skyline
maggie lumkes
out on a 420 - from the chicago yacht club
whooooah! tack ... jibe ... what? what?
steady....
phew .....!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv