Saturday 17 October 2009

It was Diwali today. I missed my family like crazy but all the lovely messages from family & friends kept me from feeling sad or lonely. Thank You ...

Awoke with a hop in my step because the sun was shining and the sky was blue.

Derek picked us up from the Peninsula and drove us to Charlie Trotter's Restaurant. For those who don't know, Charlie is one of America's greatest chefs. He is a Chicagoan born & bred and has had his restaurant for 22 years. We spent three of the most amazing culinary hours I have ever had cooking two dishes - scallops and rabbit - paired with a 1988 vintage rose Dom Perignon and 1975 vintage Dom Perignon respectively. One of the greatest culinary experiences of my life ... oh yes! And it shows on screen, I promise ....! Huge thanks to Kimberly Burt from Moet Hennessy for providing the champagne ... yum!

From there it was off to the Aroma Workshop and owner Tedd Neenan. Do you know that 98% of ALL perfume and after-shave is made by just three companies? Well the other 2% is made by people like Tedd. He has racks of oils that you can mix until you create the perfect scent! This was metrosexual heaven! I had 2 hours of fun creating "Gemima" - the perfect scent for me ... can't you smell it on here?

Dinner out ... no food - just a couple of glasses of Malbec and wonderful company ... "Darling Jen" was over from LA for one night only so I got to see her and her lovely friends & family ... a perfect way to end the day ...

Song of the Day: We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID_N7rv-iN8

Weather - Getting Better!

finn still on my mind!
jimmy samples a champagne older than he is!
a 1975 vintage dom perignon
my mate kimberly
chef charlie trotter
lunch :)
row of honour

darling jen and emily (prrrrrrrrr)
my perfect scent - eau de gemima
tedd neenan
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv