Saturday 3 November 2012

Until today, the idea of spending more than a day on a boat filled me with misery and angst. However all that has changed ...

We drove down to Puerto Portals where we jumped on the M/Y RoMa ... a 62-metre super-fantastic yacht. Super? Oh yes!

The yacht sleeps 12 in 6 cabins ... but has 17 members of staff ...

RoMa can chug along at a maximum of 17 knots - 4000 miles on one tank - that's as far as the West Indies.

To buy - Euros 40 MILLION ... to rent - Euros 400,000 a WEEK!! Wow!!

I was the only "guest" today ... and we sailed into the Mediterranean Sea ... 

The service is akin to a 5-star hotel, the furnishing is akin to a 5-star hotel, the cuisine & wines are akin to a 5-star hotel ... and the views change all the time! I think a cruise is now CERTAINLY in order.

The crew is led by a lovely chap - Captain Janusz Walinksi ... who talked me through the boat ... fed me with food & champagne ... and let me try out some of the facilities ...

What a simply delightful way to spend my last full day here in Majorca! 

Song of the Day: Wake Up Everybody - John Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgxJ6JrPkc&feature=related

Dom P, me and Mariana Green ... the "queen" of the service staff ...
That's it ... the M/Y RoMa

Mariana, Leisa, Tayla and Sabrina ... with THE Boss - Captain Janusz


A relaxing time ...
Jet-skiing on the Med

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv