Tuesday 6 November 2012

I have been tied to my desk all day ... and will be possibly all night too! Whoever said that working in television was glamorous was seriously mistaken.

Final touches are being put to the Dubai episode ... we arrive there on Saturday ... we are staying at the Armani - located in the tallest building in the world ... and the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray ... on the Palm ... which looks quite magnificent!

I will be doing a couple of things you would expect in Dubai ... and a couple that you wouldn't! And for the sake of Tim's sanity - there's NO golf! Shame ...

So tomorrow there may/may not be a new President in the USA ... I am not political but ... go Obama!

A couple of years ago I was in Carlsbad, California where I was invited to visit The Kingdom ... THE exclusive golf facility for TaylorMade professionals. I met a lovely chap called Jim Flick ... who was one of the world's top instructors. On that day - despite in the middle of giving lessons to a couple of the world's top golfers - Jim went out of his way to make me feel welcome and even gave me a couple of tips on my extremely dodgy swing! Later that day I nearly got a hole-in-one at Torrey Pines ... one of the most famous courses in the USA. Sadly, he passed away today ... aged 82 ... after suffering from cancer. Tonight he is playing the fairways of heaven ... 

Song of the Day: Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol (a purrrfect pop song ... )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwTXwJg6_VE




 Just a few golfing locations - Mallorca, Marrakech, Toronto and Lisbon ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv