Friday 11 May 2012

So for the second 'Jack post', I shall be sharing some of the work I've done in fashion. High end fashion is Luxury because quite often each piece is unique or just very rare. Especially the clothes that appear on the catwalk. I've been shooting fashion weeks for 3 years and it's taken me to Paris, Milan, New York and London. I love it because there's a huge amount of energy within the fashion scene, and I get an adrenalin rush from getting a great shot and securing a good position on the risers before the models come out. The first time I went to Milan I was the youngest photographer there, and because I've been friendly to all the Italian photographers for 2 years previously, we all get on very well (despite the ruthless competition). So when I was in their city, getting into shows such as Dolce & Gabbana and Versace, they were like, 'Jack, I like you, but how the hell did you get in here?' My Italian is fairly limited and so I just said 'Spaghetti', and the rather abstract answer seemed to satisfy them...

Although I've shot mainly down the runway, my favourite place to be is backstage because everything is more frantic and organic. So here are some of my favourite shots from last season at London Fashion Week. 














I have loads of photos but limited space to show them, though I hope you like the selection I've made for you.

As for the film suggestion of the day it would have to be a French film called Le Mépris (aka Contempt). It was directed by Jean-Luc Godard in 1963 and the main reason why I've decided to choose this film is because it features the stunning, Brigitte Bardot. For those who don't know who she is, she was probably the most beautiful French fashion model and actress of the 60s. 

You can see the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wjDWnKTROI
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv