Tuesday 22 May 2012

Day 5 - Kruger National Park - South Africa


Greetings from The Royal Malewane - my favourite safari lodge in Africa.


Left The Saxon hotel this morning. It is indeed one of the finest properties in the world ... I was actually quite surprised at how good it is ... mainly it's the staff, then it's the surroundings and finally ... the "feel" ... it has real heart n' soul.


We spent our last evening in J'burg with the delightful PR for the hotel - Chris! We miss you matey!


Anyway - it's just a 45 minute flight from J'burg to Hoedspruit and then a 45 minute drive to lodge.


I was met by dear old friends - Liz Biden (owner), Juan Pinto (guide) and John Jackson (GM) ... I have known them all for over a decade. This place is like my South African home ... I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!!!


After a quick lunch, the boys filmed the property while I lazed in the Spa for a two hour treatment ... ahhhhhhhhhh! Lucky me!


Tomorrow - I do some work too!
 Happy Spa
 Arrival at Hoedspruit
This cheeky monkey has just run off with my apple!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv