Thursday 4 March 2010

My (incredible) Day: Part 2

At 5 pm we drive 10 minutes to Healesville Sanctuary. Attracting 350,000 visitors a year, the Sanctuary is filled with over 200 species of Australian animals & birds ... my "animal guide" for the evening Homo Sapiens Sweetus Maximus - Sue Jaensch (aka Sue Dingo). I am the ONLY guest in the Sanctuary!
First up, a meeting with the Emu. There were 4: Eenie, Meanie, Miny and Mo ... I fed Eenie and Mo ... or was it Miny and Meanie ...
Then I got in with the kangaroos - both red & grey - and spent 15 incredible minutes feeding them!
I made many friends including Trevor and Jessica and Boomer ... and and .... all VERY tame and very loving! I could have taken them ALL home ... I have never kissed or been kissed by a kangaroo - yesterday, I was!
Then off to see the grumpy but happy koalas (that are NOT bears!). This one Maya was coaxed down with euchalyptus and did't mind being stroked.

and petted!
Next up, a delicious meal - provided by the Healesville Hotel - where I had one final visitor - Sue's baby, Kuma. He liked the idea of ...
table dining ..
he liked being hand fed flat-bread!

and didn't mind being stroked as he ate!

He did eventually settle and left us to finish our meal! Dingoes ... are glorious animals ... !

WHAT A BRILLIANT EVENING! WHAT A BRILLIANT DAY!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv