Friday 5 March 2010


The first television show I watched here (by mistake, of course) was Neighbours. One character said to another "you big galah". I found out that a galah is a bird and today, I saw a pair of galahs - aka the rose-breasted cockatoo!
We sadly checked out of Chateau Yering and headed the hour's drive to Mornington Peninsula - a stunning scenic part of Melbourne. We met up with the Horseback Winery Tours and my guide was Paul Walkling.
With my wonderful & calm horse - Henry - we rode through some stunning parts of the area & vineyards. The tour is the only one of its kind in Victoria.
We finally arrived at Ten Minutes by Tractor - a wine producer/restaurant. The food here was incredibly good ...
After our sumptuous meal, we then drove the 25 minutes to The Peninsula Hot Springs ... an area of natural hot mineral springs. There are just over 45 pools here that range from 42 degrees to freezing plunge pools. My guide through a few of them was Aleshia Commons. We are smiling in this photo - but actually, I am grimacing as this tub was rather too hot for me!
As REALLY was this one!
I let Aleshia jump into the freezing plunge-pool before me ... ladies first - of course!
We did finally jump in together!
All smiles, DESPITE the smell of sulphur and bubbly feet!
After jumping in & out of the pools for an hour, my personal guide left me while I headed up to the Arabian Tent for a refreshing massage! Thank you Sally ..!
The afternoon was great fun ... and even though I whined about the heat in the pool, I felt very calm & alive after it!
We then all drove 90 minutes into the centre of the city and checked into the Crown Towers. I have a suite on the 24th floor with incredible views.
Dinner was a lovely affair at Koko - the signature Japanese restaurant! Terriyaki & sake ... hmmmm ...

I WILL sleep well tonight!
Song of the Day: This Love - Maroon 5
Weather: Hot ... and occasionally showery ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv