Monday 22 March 2010

I am home after a rather long journey. I am fighting to keep my eyes open ... as it's 2 am in Singapore right now ...

I checked out of Raffles and arrived at Changi Airport only to be told that my Qantas flight to London would be delayed by a minimum of 3 hours ... leaving Singapore at around 0330 at the earliest ... and was instead given a seat on the British Airways flight that left at 1030.

This was a mixed blessing - good, that I was going to arrive in London albeit at 0430 and bad, that I didn't get to experience the Qantas A380 experience. The flight to London is around 13 hours and I slept for at least 10 of them! I know - fabulous! BUT it is "plane sleep" ... which does not really count. The food was atrocious ... but the staff were quite chirpy ... and were definitely not on strike!

The highlight of the flight was watching the George Clooney movie "Up In the Air" ... if you haven't watched it yet - please do! It's a traveller's tale ... with my favourite being so familiar:
"All the things you probably hate about travelling -the recycled air, the artificial lighting, the digital juice dispensers, the cheap sushi- are warm reminders that I'm home ..."

If I had a choice BA vs Qantas, the Australian national carrier would win hands down ... more smiles, better attitude, cuter aircrew! ha!

Singapore was 31 degrees and sunshine ... London was 8 degrees and rain! Welcome Home!

Emails, post, emails, post, emails, post ... emails! And unpacking my new wardrobe from Robert Graham!

Song of the Day: Live It Up - Mental as Anything (extra long fabulous version!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSLR963JB-8

Weather: As above ... :(

one day ... !
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv