Friday 12 March 2010

Just back from dinner at Marque 1V where I had such a lovely dessert, I had to have 3 helpings! I only had a starter so I don’t feel all that bad ..

Today has been hotel filming day which started at 0800 with the drive-up. The Henry Jones Art Hotel is on the waterfront. It has 56 rooms & suites set in industrial wharf buildings that date back to the 1800’s. For many, many years (until 1974) it was a jam factory ... and was turned into a hotel in 2001, opening in June 2004.

My suite last night is called the Peacock Terrace Suite ... named after the original owner of the jam factory, George Peacock. The factory was taken over by Henry Jones ... It has 2 bedrooms on two floors, the oldest spiral wood staircase in Australia, an overflowing bath and most importantly HISTORY. While having a modern bathroom and kitchenette, there are many features from the “original” rooms ... wallpaper, walls and timbers ... a truly memorable suite.

Interviewed the General Manager, a lovely chap called Rod Black ... he is truly proud of this property. If YOU come here later this year, you should get “Henry Jones” jam ... watch this space!

The hotel has a gym, fine-dining restaurant, coffee shop and a bar ...

The property is the first “art hotel” in the country ... and features over 300 pieces from Tasmanian artists. The curator here is a very entertaining lady – Christine Scott – who took me on a tour of the exhibits. There are some fabulous pieces ... a few which I was tempted to buy ..! I was well behaved and didn’t! Shame ...

I then popped next door for ANOTHER yummy massage ... and then a local cider and finally dinner.

Moving hotels tomorrow ...

Song of the Day: Everybody Backstreet’s Back – Backstreet Boys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-q1XPNr7M

Weather: Chilly but sunny

Computer room
THE staircase
Master bedroom
Rod Black
Jam
... pot!

Christine
My pup has a drink named after her!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv