Tuesday 18 August 2009

Today I have been selfish ... it's been ALL about me ... me ... me! No bubble-twitters ... no room reviews ... no postcards ... nothing ... saying that, all that will start early tomorrow morning in earnest.

I slept well last night so was in top form this morning. Breakfast was fabulous .. I abhor "buffet" but the one here is manned superbly. No congealed egg on spoons, no butter in the jam and not a single grumpy face at 730 in the morning!

After a quick meeting with our Gleneagles guardians - Simon Brown and Louise Allan - I crept into the spa where a delightful therapist Kirsty MacPherson massaged my aching back & shoulders, tended to my sore knee and mini-manicured my nails. If you ever come here ... you MUST ask for Kirsty ... she is the best.

From there I met up with Front Office Manager - Sebastian Pinn for a FULL round of golf. There are 3.5 courses here - The PGA Centenary (which will host the Johnnie Walker Classic next week and the Ryder Cup in 2014), the King's & Queen's ... and a Par-3. We played the front 10 of the King's and back 8 of Queen's in awful weather. It was one of the most fun rounds of my life! OK so Sebastian played like a fox, while I played like a blind baboon ... but it was great to walk the courses, smoke a cigar, hit a few balls (some successfully) and enjoy the countryside! I am totally exhausted but very happy! Thank you Sebastian! I get on the PGA course on Friday ...

The boys have arrived and we have just had dinner at Deseo - a laid back restaurant with loads of options. I used to think that the Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong made the best pizza in the world ... there may be a new candidate for that accolade!

Sleep now ... yeah!

Song of the Day: Club Tropicana - Wham
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwN_ouVbwPA

Weather: Blustery

i think wham! may used this pool for the "song of the day" video!
sebastian (golfer) ... and me (goofer)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv