Friday 21 August 2009

I am extremely grumpy. I left Gleneagles just before 1000 hrs ... I am now home and its 2100 hrs ... I stopped ONCE for fuel ... I drove 473 miles ... in ELEVEN hours! Traffic, madness, traffic, madness ... Thankfully my Alfa behaved ... it's a very cheeky little car and I love it!

OK - calm. Peace. Whisky.

This morning I got to play the PGA Centenary Course at Gleneagles. It will host the Johnnie Walker Classic next week and the Ryder Cup in 2014! One of the club pros Andrew MacRae was on hand to ensure that I didn't go mad! It's a stunning course - NOT as difficult as the King's BUT much, MUCH longer!

I was VERY sad to leave Gleneagles. The staff are just lovely ... and I will remember their kindness for a long time.

The journey home was awful - but my friend Gary ensured that I had 8 hours of mix-CD music - which dampened the pain! Thanks Gary! The music was excellent and if anyone wants a copy of them ... just email me!

Bed.

Song of the Day: Crazy English Summer - Faithless (a STUNNING track)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fopsXSOPOwA

Weather: Do I Really Care Today? No!


at "starters hut" at the pga centenary course

apprehension at the 1st tee
last minute pep-talk from pro andrew macrae

putting out at the 18th
my boys!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv