Friday 7 August 2009

A couple of years ago I was sitting in an airport lounge when I spotted John Hughes in a corner drinking tea. I went up to him and explained that his movies helped make the 1980's the greatest decade (for me anyway). We chatted for an hour about Ferris Bueller, Pretty in Pink, Animal House ... The Breakfast Club ... the list goes on! He was a lovely chap, very down to earth & full of funny stories ... I smiled all the way to Los Angeles (he was off to New York).

Sadly John Hughes died yesterday ... aged 59. What a cinematic legacy he left. I will always remember the most fantastic line ever spoken in a movie .. which he wrote .. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Never truer words spoken.

Song of the Day: Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds (from The Breakfast Club)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pybSRca-cA


Weather: Pretty



honey the guide dog (any excuse to cuddle a pup)
oak the guide dog (ditto)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv