Monday 24 August 2009

Oh what a day!

So awoke .... eventually ... in my current London address - The Langham on Portland Place, Regent Street. It's one of London's oldest hotels - opening first in 1865. I stayed here many moons ago ... before it was once a Hilton and indeed now The Langham - actually when I was at the BBC (when it was "radio city" over the road). I also had one of the most memorable dates of my life here (also many moons ago!).

It has 382 rooms & suites and mine is a 1-bedroom suite which is very pleasant. I have not had the happiest experiences in a Langham but this stay has helped put it right! The hotel has spent millions on a full refurb and the job done is good.

I had a lovely day - seeing Edward at Davidoff (& smoking a cigar), doing some work and walking through Regents Park - while also drinking wine and cider!

The Western Cape of South Africa show looks EXCELLENT now!

Song of the Day: You Came - Kim Wilde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqCLGWz9-SE

Weather: All Good


the "water ball from" summer lodge and 12 apostles
my current home
eduardo - the cigar roller
edward - the cigar man .. and one of the loveliest people on Earth

view from regents park
no pup, no me
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv