Wednesday 19 August 2009

OK - so up early and raring to go! Sadly while my enthusiasm was great ... the weather wasn't! In fact, it only STOPPED raining for a couple of minutes all day ... and Scottish rain is well ... nasty!

So first up - another lovely breakfast - then we started filming. There are 232 rooms & suites here at Gleneagles. It was opened in 1924 ... On the 4th floor where I am, there are 10 "spirit" suites (9 are 2-bedroomed) ... each named after a premium spirit brand from the drinks giant Diageo which owns the hotel. My suite was named after Johnnie Walker Blue Label and very kindly, a bottle has been left here for me to slurp! It's my favourite blended whisky in the world.

The suite is a triplex ... ground floor - 2 bedrooms, king sized beds, sunken baths, walk-in steam showers - first floor - lounge and the "top" floor is a terrace that has 360 degree views over the whole 850 acre estate. It's a pretty fabulous suite at 2000 square feet and it's all for little old me! There is a Sonos music system filled with 80's and 90's tunes ... I am in heaven ... almost.

Apart from the hotel, the estate has Glenmor - 53 holiday homes ... which are just stunning. We filmed in one of them ... number 36 - Berry Down - very plush indeed ...

Gleneagles also has a falconry school and a gun dog school too - the first of its type in the world. As a guest you get the chance to learn how a pup is trained to fetch game that has been shot ... Emma & Steve who run the school have 10 pups, 4 who came out to play. There was a black cocker spaniel who was delightful but 'Tar was my little angel! He jumped, bounded, laughed, smiled and worked like a good gun dog! It was VERY impressive! I had my ears licked often! I loved it!

Dinner at Deseo again .. Tim forgot to pack any clothes except a pair of socks and underwear! So he nothing more formal ... typical!

Tonight, filming in the spa and swimming pool!

Song of the Day: Scottish Rain - The Silencers
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=tBptzUJcWCk&feature=PlayList&p=4F8BF0B2A98A6C37&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8

Weather: Scottish Rain (how many times will I repeat myself?)

my home at gleneagles
a bottle of my favourite blend
bedroom
sunken bath
walk-in steam shower

at glenmor
harvey the pooch
harvey, bomber, ptarmigan & max

cuddles with 'tar
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv