Monday 17 August 2009

I am not a fan of long-distance driving. Today I drove my Alfa just under 500 miles (800 kms) and it took me around 8 hours - with a couple of stops for revolting (but necessary) Costa coffee from motorway services ...

I am now sitting in a quite lovely suite at The Gleneagles Hotel in Auchterarder, Scotland ... which will host the Ryder Cup golf in 2014. The General Manager Patrick Elmsie is sadly not here (in Las Vegas I believe) ... we played team-golf once together in Florida ... he was the best golfer and sadly, I was the worst ... but he made me look okay!

So - the drive - dull, dull & dull. To think, if I had the Buccaneer from Thunder City here, the journey would have been less than two hours ... but I am not sure there would have been room for my Callaways in the cockpit!

The boys will arrive late tomorrow afternoon which gives me time to recce the property and even get a wee round of golf in!

I am actually quite tired ... but did have time to record this: http://bbltwt.com/tqku9

Easy dinner and early to bed ... a good day awaits me tomorrow!

Song of the Day: Sister of Mercy - Thompson Twins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWoJ48kPVUU

Weather: Wiper on, wiper off. Wiper on, wiper off. Wiper on ...

on my way ...
4 hours into an 8 hour journey ....
i am STILL smiling (behind that shaggy beard!)
nearly ... nearly ...
i'm here!
GLENEAGLES!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv