Wednesday 1 July 2009

JULY 1st - HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIV ..

That is it! Yes - after 3 weeks, my California adventure is over ... almost ...

First. meet up with Shannon from the Tourist Board. She has had the unenviable task of looking after us ... while also trying to deal with the whole MJ debacle that is in Los Olivos - just a few miles away.

We zoom up the 101 to Los Olivos and the Fess Parker winery ... we meet with Pete Ganibi from Vino Vaqueros - which basically takes people on a horse-rise through the wineries of the Sant Ynez Valley. He has two pups Doc & Kate who rock my world. They followed us through the vineyards, making sure we didn't get lost ...

The trip took 2 hours including lunch and a show from Andalucian horse trainer Ramon Becerra. What he does with a horse is just ... BRILLIANT!

The trip was awesome! Loved it throughly and I "think" that Shannon enjoyed too ...!

From there, we drove to Goleta and the Dioji pup resort. SO - what a way to end the filming show - 50 + pups and me barking and having fun! These pups are pampered - spa, manicure, swimming pool ... and overnight stays on beds WITH staff! Awesome! I fell in love with so many of the little ones .. Maya ... GORGEMOUSE! It was so much fun ... I am STILL smiling!

For dinner, dear Shannon took us out for pizza and wine. What fun!

I can't belive that I am leaving Santa Barbara in the morning. I have had so much fun. The hotels are brilliant - the Canary and The Biltmore. The GMs - Laura and Karen respectively made me smile and happy .... I am VERY sad to leave this place ... one day, I will be back ... on holiday maybe.

THANK YOU ... beautiful Gena, Goddess Karen, delightful Laura, yummy Shannon ... Tim, Jimmy and all the lovely pups ...

Hasta La Vista ... baby!

Song of the Day: Skinny Love - Bon Iver
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=103469&id=580685776&comments

Weather: PERFECT ... like The Biltmore ...




with cow-girl Shannon
katherine - baby cow-girl

huff-puff

me and "cash" the gorgeous horse

kate

pete, doc & kate

maya waiting for me
champ needs a kiss

a gaggle of pooches - HEAVEN

an ear-lick from Maya

what the heck?
my boys - tim & wee-jimmy
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv