Sunday 5 July 2009

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arrived in Beverly Hills at 1045 and checked into The Montage.

A couple of years ago, I stayed and filmed at The Montage in Laguna (around 60 minutes drive from LA) ... one of the finest properties in America ... so I have high hopes for the BH hotel.

When I am not filming, I always stay in hotels where I have friends ... and in LA I have always stayed at the Beverly Wilshire (Four Seasons) as the PR-lady is one of the nicest people in the world and a dear friend. I am staying here at The Montage, because of Frank Bowling - the legendary hotelier - and also one my mentors when I started the show 9 years ago.

SO - more on the hotel tomorrow after I have spent 24 hours here.

This evening, I have just had dinner with London friends. After 3 weeks of hotel - albeit gorgeous hotel food - having home-cooked food was just perfect. It's just been a totally lovely evening ...

I am now sitting at my desk eating gummi bears! yum!

Song of the Day: The Honey Thief - Hipsway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aUCv3ARJ68

Weather: Summer Loving

my current home in beverly hills

dinner table al fresco
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv