Monday 20 July 2009

Back in 2002, when I was a young pup in this business, I was invited to stay at a brand new 5-star hotel in central London - the Sofitel St James. It's on Waterloo Place ... down Haymarket. Ironic that the French (Sofitel is part of Accor) have taken over Waterloo (Place) ... !

Anyway - on my first visit, the hotel was SO new, very little worked. But it did have GREAT potential ...

Fast forward 7 years and I was having a cigar was dear Edward at Davidoff, when I was suddenly introduced to a Monsieur Denis Dupart - the new General Manager of the Sofitel (4 months). Anyway, it came to pass that I am staying here - 7 years later -and I am pleased to say that EVERYTHING works ... it's a lovely property. Very Gallic ... quite charming ... with an Albert Roux Brasserie, the Rose Room (for tea) and a brand new spa that opens next Monday ... hmmm ... I like the hotel ... but I have to get over the name ...

Anway, today we started the editing on Santa Barbara and San Diego. We had great fun with it ... so much to look through ... so little to dump ... so much to include. The Dioji dog hotel is excellent ... and all the hotels look superb ... I cannot surf/windsurf/paddle-board ... but I manage to drink a lot of wine!

This evening, I discovered a lovely yakatori restaurant in Soho - courtesy of my friend Gary. I am full with carbonised chicken and shrimp ... & sake! Yum!

Tomorrow, more of the same ... except maybe not so much food!

Song of the Day: Say Something - James
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4CzwZZ1Ce0

Weather: Hot in the City

my current London home
yakatori in Soho
yummy yummy chicken chicken
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv