Thursday 16 July 2009

I am almost speechless ... it has rained since 0830 this morning ... and there is NO sign it will stop ... ever ... the pooch is depressed, the kittens are depressed, I am depressed ... I need a holiday! Just last week - on the 9th floor of The Montage in Beverly Hills, I was sitting out with young pretty things, in the bright hot, sunshine thinking "life is good" ... now, "life is just ok".

So - Summer Lodge is the finest country house hotel in the UK - hands down. I was invited to drink champagne, eat canapes and chat to the good & the great at its annual Summer Garden Party. Sadly, due to the "issues" it was held in a marquee ... and we watched as ducks & geese played on the lawn ... and swam from one side of it to the other.

I left as General Manager - Charles Lotter - a ray of sunshine - tried to lift the spirits of the attending guests ... ! I wonder how he did ..... ?

At least it didn't rain at the golf at Turnberry and the cricket at Lords ....

Song of the Day: World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bIckY5em_Y

Weather: *%!$

Charles Lotter - rather wet
"Daddy - can we please move to Sonora?"
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv