Sunday 12 July 2009

So, with the travelling, I tend to to miss - among others - friends n' family birthdays, anniversaries, Father & Mother's Day .... so today it was Their Day as I went to see my folks! And - as ever - it was just wonderful. My Pops is the inspiration for my travels ... he has a sense of adventure that thankfully was passed down to me!

Heston Blumethal is The Fat Duck in Bray (Berkshire, England). In 2001 it was Michelin Guides top restaurant in the world. He is a true culinary genius. For a television programme this year he took a "Little Chef" in Popham and transformed it from a dismal/awful roadside diner into a hip & trendy eaterie that was the first of a new breed of Little Chefs. So - I stopped there for a bite ...
The bread was NOT bloomer, the field mushroom (see below) was very small and tasteless .. and cost a whopping £1.20 (US$2.00), the fries were McCain (I saw the bag) and bacon was ... yuk. Very disappointing. I do worry that chefs that put their names to all and sundry can only dilute their brands with such obvious failures. The bright spots of the meal were the service ... which was perky ... the OJ - very fresh ... the bags of jelly-beans as gifts ... and the looks of sympathy as the server hands you the bill ... !

Song of the Day: Sex-o-Matic venus Freak - Macy Gray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHLaDhm2ezQ

Weather: As bad as a field mushroom at

experimentation ...

the US$2 mushroom ... !
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv