Tuesday 7 July 2009

"Opportunity dances with those who are ready on the dance floor" - H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Am sitting in the airport lounge supping on a low-calorie, caffeine-free, colourless, odourless, tasteless, slight fizzy, over-chilled, slightly wet, Canada Dry ginger ale ... hmm ... I think not!

It's been a long day already and I am looking forward to a very long sleep on the plane back to London.

Woke up to find that EVERY television channel is running the same story - the current economic crisis in the Ukraine. I lie - but I wish they were. MJ fever has hit LA ... it's all quite sensationalist and not since the death of Diana, have I seen and heard such awful analysis from "experts". CNN expert said "Michael touched many people" and NBC had a chap saying "there are two rivers in the City today - the Los Angeles River and a river of tears" ...

Anyway, during breakfast Jen excused herself as it suddenly transpired that her hotel was set to host the wake ... 800 hungry (I mean tearful) people would be invading her property ... the eyes of the world are currently trained on the Beverly Wilshire ... GO JEN!

Checked out of The Montage - had pineapple juice with Frank - and managed to get to the airport without much of a traffic snafu. I am pleased that I am flying home on the best airline in the world - Air New Zealand.

SO - that's two more shows filmed. Editing begins next week.

California has been a hoot ... I have made lots of new friends and antagonised old ones! I have laughed, cried, attempted to fly (without wings or parachute), surfed (almost), drank oodles of pinot noir, golfed (goofed), cooked AND most importantly lost weight despite being attacked with elephantine portions of food!

To dear Radha, Frank, Laura, Steve, Jamie, Tony, Pete, Sandy, Rich, Shannon, Joe, Buddo, Dan, Alyssa, Chris, Craig, Tohnia, Sophie, Krista, Karen, Baby-G and Really?, (you know you who are!) - THANK YOU!

Also - HUGE thank you to the boys - Tim & wee Jimmy, Maddy Morgan - tourism supremo in London, Em for setting everything up so brilliantly, Gary the Dude from ANZ and Heinz for producing the finest Ketchup in the world.

Cape Town is the next location for filming. I can't wait!

Song of the Day: California Dreamin' - Mamas & Papas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtVIhDgo_uU&feature=related

Weather: BAD! (well, actually quite good)

"beauty and the beast" ... well, 2 beauties - radha and darling jen ...

on my way home ... with my favourite airline ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv