Tuesday 30 June 2009

I have two cats - Maisy & Mittens the Baby Kittens. They have both lost several of their 9 lives in various ways. Well today their Daddy lost one of his ...

0700 we leave the Biltmore and head 5 minutes to Jeff Elings Park .. and meet up with Ty Sporrer from Eagle Paragliding. I was under the vague assumption that Ty and I would, in tandem, fly together ... but was I in for a shock! I was going to fly solo. Now, while most may think this is easy ... it isn't! It's not a parachute ... it's a "wing" held up by wind ...! After several launch attempts, I was airborne - around 500 feet in the air - circling and then landing. Some people take at least a DAY to go solo - I was up & around in an hour. SO then we had a second flight ... this time all went well until I came into land. A sudden gust of wind blew me into Tim & the camera and I landed on the ground ... well ... with a thump. Thankfully the only thing very bruised was my ego ...! Tim, well, he laughed so much he was in tears ... the camera was ok ...

Back to the hotel ... and then with Gena - lovely PR - we headed down to the main beach to try paddle-boarding/surfing. I failed in regular surfing last week so was determined to master this. Gena, very gamely, joined me on the water - this was her first foray into the sport too. Chris - a dude/bro - from BlueLine surf and the instructor, explained the technique and showed us how it was done. Gena took to it like a duck to water. I did not ... I fell in the Ocean several times before FINALLY I managed to stay on AND paddle about! Yay!

Now - THIS is the legendary Four Seasons service for you! Firstly Gena came along, then she tested the water out for me (with small toe) and FINALLY provided a bath-robe for me - knowing full well that I would fall in the cold water! She didn't fall in once ... they are a multi-skilled lot at the Biltmore! hmmm!

SO - one more day to go! And it's going to be a fun one!

The boys are looking rather tired but very happy! It's been a fantastic couple of weeks.

Song of the Day: Just Like Heaven - The Cure ... (simply elegant)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5StFADI9NM

Weather: Four Seasons Tastic

ty
ready ....
set ....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
coming into land ...
"houston, we have a problem ..."

nothing broken! phew!
gena (honey) downey
a big paddle-board
mason comes to say "ruff"
gena perfects the sport in 5 minutes
i try walking on water ... i can't!
one is rather wet ... one rather dry ... !
Four Seasons Tastic
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv