Tuesday 23 June 2009

If there was an equation for a perfect day ... then I may have written it!

First up, a visit to the world famous San Diego Zoo ... where with Elephant Odyssey Ambassador, Rick Schwartz, I was given a special guided tour of the amazing elephant enclosure ... with the star being Cookie ... this was followed by a cuddle with an ocelot called Diego. There are 7 elephants on show ... and they all played to the camera! I do love animals!

It was also great that Joe from the Tourist Board came to bid us farewell. Thanks Joe.

From there we headed to La Jolla ... and Surf Divas ... the number 1 surf school in San Diego. The original premise of the business was a surf school for women only ... but now they teach boys ... or as they call us "a bit on the side" ... SO - I headed off to the beach to meet up with Alyssa ... erm ... a surf-babe ... and I don't mean a girl who surfs ... BUT one of those tall, blonde, tanned, stunning Californian girls who surf in the mornings and evenings and works as a marine biologist by day. I was her "bit on the side" .. hahahahahahaha! It was fun. I am goofy ... and I swallowed most of the Pacific Ocean ... but ... yes ... it was fun. An afternoon I won't forget for a LONG time! ha!

Then back to the Lodge to meet with Rich Wallace (Lodge golf manager) and Jon Maddern (golf manager for San Diego) for a round on the South Course at Torrey Pines. This is the same course that Mr Woods won the US Open in 2008 on. It was tough ... but I NEARLY aced a par-3 ... otherwise I played like an elephant ... which is being unkind to elephants! Memorable!

PHEW! WHAT A DAY! WHAT DAY! WHAT A DAY!

Bed now with BIG grin ... WHAT A DAY ... early start ... a wee more San Diego filming then off to Santa Barbara!

Song of the Day: Getting Away with It - Electronic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSP1EPfXxsQ&feature=related

Weather: Surf-babe-sunshine!

looking into the eye of a gorgeous female Indian elephant - Cookie

a miniature horse

rick & diego

handsome diego

before

during ...

after ... with alyssa - my gorgeous surf-babe tutor ...



the sun is setting ..

rich & john
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv