Tuesday 16 June 2009

8 is my favourite number. One manifestation of this are time-zones. + 8 hrs - Hong Kong ... - 8hrs Canada & California!

SO - I woke up this morning in Suite 1061 at The Beverly Wilshire (Four Seasons) feeling rather unhappy. This morning, I wasn't in the best of health. After 13 hours in a plane yesterday, I should have had a massage and gone to bed BUT I joyfully stayed up with Jen and had "some" wine ...

I usually stay in Room 1001 ... one of my favourite rooms in the world ... but it's under renovation! Boo-hoo!

I don't suffer jet-lag but I do suffer from lack of sleep and "panda eyes" syndrome. I have panda eyes. Eep.

So it's been raining on and off for the past few days but the sun has been shining wonderfully. The first thing this morning - after a lovely breakfast in BLVD (the "house" restaurant), then I wandered the streets of Beverly Hills ... looking at the empty shops and looking at some amazing plastic ladies and some natural ones too!

I love the States for the shopping. I went into a chemist for toothpaste and came out with a huge bag of stuff I don't need including bacon bites for Gemima (with "real" bacon) ... I mean dog food?!

From there I wandered down to The Four Seasons in Beverly Hills for lunch with the lovely PR lady Sarah Cairns ... eating al fresco is always good.

The Montage in Laguna is undoubtedly one of the finest resorts in America. Now, there is now a Montage in Beverly Hills - 200 rooms with 55 suites. I received a personal tour of the hotel from Frank Bowling - one of the few "legends" left in the industry. Also got to meet the hotel's lovely PR lady ... Kristy ... if you ever stay there and meet her, you MUST ask her about her job before the Montage. She is now one of my best friends!!!!! The hotel opened just last September ... it's very "new" but has been designed quite tastefully and the suites are pretty special. In the current climate, luxury hotels internationally are ,of course, suffering. I think that The Montage is a huge boost for BH and it will be very interesting to see how it fares when the upturn kicks-in ... it's looking good ...

The Montage sits opposite Madame Chocolate - one of the best shops in THE world. I did indulge ...

Lovely evening was spent outside the Beverly Wilshire with darling Jen ...

Tomorrow I drive to San Deigo to meet the boys and afilming we start! whoo-hoo!

June 30th - Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood at The Hollywood Bowl .. so tempted!

Song of the Day: Back in the High-Life Again - Steve Winwood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEyH8RjNuDI

Weather: this is LA baby

the beverly wilshire




rodeo drive



the famous court - no Hollywood stars appeared today ... yet!


kristy
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv