Wednesday 24 June 2009

I am in Santa Barbara ... at The Canary hotel ... where I am "nesting" before filming starts tomorrow...

A long day today.

Left The Lodge at 0730 for the 25 minute drive to Carlsbad - the home to the greatest golf brands in the world. My choice - TaylorMade.

Met with a lovely chap called Pete Sanchez - who took me through the whole process of making a golf club. They make 13,000 clubs at day at TM in Carlsbad ... sadly I didn't get to sneak one out! The security is rather tight!

Also with us, the TM PR with a totally unforgettable name - Sandy Lane ... and Tony Pistillo PR from the Four Seasons, Aviara.

From the factory we visited The Kingdom .. where the tour pros and people with money get kitted out. It costs upwards of $5,000 for the full measure-up! The Kingdom is a pretty amazing place ... but I am not going to spoil the suprise ... watch the show!

I did pop up to The FS, Aviara to meet with Tom Fisher who DID test out my swing ... for proper club measurements. Apparently, my swing is OK ... it's just my head wobbles too much! I am sure there are many more issues ... ha!

Enough of the golf ...

Jimmy & I (Tim drove by himself) jumped in the car and drove the 4 hours from San Diego to Santa Barbara ... where I am now. It was a fun drive ... and we laughed a lot about places along the way called Santa Claus and well ... erm ... rude place names! Jimmy is very entertaining.

SO - have arrived at this lovely hotel - which is as much relaxing as relaxed. Santa Barbara itself seems quite chilled. A beggar at the street corner was not looking for money ... or booze ... or food ... but had a sign saying "need pot" ... neither Jimmy or I could hook him up ...

Dinner was with the hotel GM - Laura McIver and Shannon from the Tourist Board who has been brilliant in arranging features for the show! It's going to be a fabulous one .. I feel it.

San Diego ... well, it's a great city but you have to search for the luxury ... it isn't "there" in your face. I like that ... it's exciting. The Se and The Lodge are wonderful properties and the service & hospitality are second to none. I saw the city from land, sea and air ... awesome. Surfing babes, ocelots, boats and planes ... hmmmm :)

No nesting tomorrow ... lots of tweeting!

Song of the Day: F-stop Blues - Jack Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL4RNS4BJeU

Weather: Summer Nights ...


pete sanchez - the king of the kingdom!

this is one of the issues with my game ...


tom - the swing master!



beats bubba-gump!

me and wee jimmy on the road
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv