Thursday 26 April 2012

You've heard that old saying "If you are tired of London, you are tired of life" ... for me ... just add the word "hotel" - after London - and for me it's so true ...


I am staying in a new apartment-hotel overlooking Hyde Park ... and I LOVE IT!


My apartment - with 2 bedrooms - is sleek and comfortable ... while being quite luxurious and intimate.


I am NOT a bath person ... I live for showers ... but here, I have an infinity bath which means you just let the water flood all over the bathroom floor ... while listening to Chopin thundering through the mega-speaker system.


It's been a day of catch-up ... with old & dear friends.


After breakfast with my dear friend Julia from the Dorchester Hotel at 45 Park Lane, I spent most of the day doing "chores" ... haircuts, getting new Leica products for upcoming shows - a range finder for golf and binoculars for safari - before I met up with Lauren "Honey Badger 2" from Los Angeles ... on a week's trip to London before starting her new job as a wino ... bye bye Four Seasons ... hello hangovers!


If you don't know what a "honey badger" is - by the way - ... watch this ... surely up there with Anchorman as one of the funniest things ever produced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg


The "hotel" is for residents only and has a restaurant that serves my kind of food - one of the best club sandwiches in the history of club sandwiches was my choice for dinner ...


I then popped round to the George club to smoke a cigar with James McBride from YTL Hotels (Malaysia, St Tropez ... and Bath) and now finally I am home and ready for bed.


I LOVE LONDON! I LOVE MAYFAIR!


Thank you Alison ...

Julia
Art? Mittens would NOT be pleased!
Honey Badger 2
Mr McBride
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv