Thursday 21 May 2009

Well, here I am in Dublin!

The flight over was VERY easy. No stress ... and the plane itself was rather empty. I had a wonderful moment when I went through passport control. For the past 8 years, I have had my passport swiped by ever Immigration Officer .... EVERYWHERE! Even places that don't even have a machine, the officer has taken my passport away to "swipe" ... just to check that I am not wanted for jelly-bean smuggling in Uruguay. Anyway, at Dublin Airport the officer looked at the passport and then me and said "you'll be OK then" ... no swipe, no check ... just "you'll be OK then" .. THAT has made my day.

Anyway, got horrendously lost on the way to my "home" in Dublin, The Merrion. The very most wonderful brilliant and funny (haha .. rather than look at) Peter MacCann was waiting for me to welcome me back to the hotel. The Merrion holds all kinds of wonderful memories for me ... I am so pleased to be back.

Katie - Guest Relations - showed me to my very special suite on the 4th floor - complete with very special elevator key. I feel ... special!

Early start tomorrow for filming ...

I am pleased that the day ended on a high as a very dear buddy Chris turned up to see me. He's busy doing something with the Irish economy that - it seems - is in ... trouble. So for him to make the time was very welcome indeed!

Song of the Day: Labour of Love - Hue & Cry

Quote of the Day: There's "hope" in "hopeless"

Weather: Not for a convertible ...



where am i?
sweet! me (with a whisky bottle) and the baby moo .. brilliant!
with dear friend chris
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv