Saturday 23 May 2009

Dublin, and I reckon the whole of Ireland, is smiling tonight ... as Leinster beat Leicester at rugby in Edinburgh ... there have been whoops of delight everwhere! The Guinness is flowing and there is going to be one hell of a hangover tomorrow morning! But not here ... as I have my diary to write ... grrrr !

Ireland is ahead against Canada in rugby as well ... so double that hangover!

SO - another action packed day.

0730 - meet up with Niall Hobbert - ex-pro soccer player and fitness trainer ... here at the hotel and everywhere else in the world. After having me dress up - tip to toe - in Adidas, he MADE me run to St Stephens Green and put me through my pitiful paces round the Green itself. This was a rude awakening and my body was & still is not happy. When he suggested "the plank" ... I ran off .. literally. Niall is a good guy ... and judging by how busy he is ... very good at his job.

1230 - Richard Mongey from Dublin's number 1 chauffeur service - Pro Bus & Car - picked us up and drove us down to The Curragh - one of Ireland's top race-courses. Here I was introduced to Frances Smullon ... one of the nicest people I have ever met! She is part of the "first family" of Irish racing - and is married to Pat Smullon - Champion Jockey. She herself is an accomplished jockey, trainer, breeder, dog-keeper and mum! Anyway, she taught me everything I needed to know about how to enjoy "race day" ... including how to read a race card ... "look" at a horse ... and predict winners! Sadly, I didn't win ANYTHING but I did thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and also she got me an interview with her husband - even though he was riding! I may even go to a meet on my own volition ... instead of a round of golf ... hmmm ... maybe not!

1730 - popped in to interview my old dear friend Louise Kennedy. She is one of Ireland's top fashion designers and interior designers. None of her dresses fit me (ha!) ... but we had loads to talk about - especially accessories and scents. I have known her for a decade ... and it was like 10 years had never passed. Her two very pretty assistants Louise and Elaine were on hand to ensure that we got our work done and that our champagne goblets were filled! An hour shoot got very extended. This was a fun interview!

So - once again - a successful day. I may even get into bed before midnight! whoo-hoo!

Tomorrow's weather is set to be wonderful ... yay!

Song of The Day: Promised you a Miracle - Simple Minds - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9wSWg6T3co

Weather: Twinkly


early morning st stephens green work-out with niall
the "first lady" of irish horse racing - frances smullon
richard - procar driver and friend
lovely louise kennedy
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv