Monday 18 May 2009

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY ... must come back!

Right, I am off home ... for just a day though.

It is time to say goodbye to Canada for now. I have had a simply magnificent time ... quite unexpected actually. I was hoping for a good show - I think we have a magnificent show ... possibly the most diverse and visually appealing since South Africa from 2003. I think Ireland on Thursday has a HUGE amount to live up to!

SO - the highlights of BC.

1) The people - Jill, Stephen, Audrey, Christopher, Anna, Tom, Marina, Katie, Ben, Tojo, Sean, Karli, Jo, Wendy, Brittany, Jeff, Aaron, Daniel, Wayne, Kurtis, Brooke, Chelsea, James, Nick, Casey, Ian ... and basically everyone at The Shangri-La & The Sonora Resort.
2) The properties - The Shangri-La - the finest hotel in Vancouver .... The Sonora Resort - the finest resort in the Americas ... top 3 in the world ...
3) The features: fishing, bear watching, cuddling beluga whales, golf, tennis, picnic on the glacier ..
4) The beautiful ones: Shadow, Lucky, Qila, the otter, Winnie the Bear, the eagles, the porpoises, the seals, the sea-lions and yes - the crows
5) The scenery - AWESOME

I don't "do" holidays ... but if I were to take one ... I would be back here in a shot.

On Thursday, I am in Ireland for a "driving trip" ... I am very sad to say that the love of my life "Gemima the pooch" will not be coming with me. I found out today that she has cataracts and may get glaucoma. This would be very painful for her ... her eye-sight is 10% as it is anyway. She would not fare well driving around Ireland.
Poor baby-girl.

At the airport now ... eating pizza and well ... feeling sad.

Song of The Day: Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Weather: who cares





AM SO MISSING THIS ALREADY ....
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv