Friday 22 May 2009

Firstly - an apology to anyone who got a phishing spam email from me today. I didn't send it and the person who did is now cursed with the fleas of a 1000 camels .. from Egypt.

Another rather long day ... painful after rather little sleep last night.

0730 - In the spa (Tethra) with lovely Irene. Alas no tv wife here so I had the "detoxifying algae wrap" myself. Yes - it was great and yes - I wish someone else was filmed having it! Irene is fabulously funny ... she has been here since Day 1 ... it took most of the day and three showers to get the smell of the algae goo out of my nostrils ...

0900 - SUPERB breakfast .. the Irish bacon here is awesome!

1000 - into the Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud for a cooking lesson with the Exec Chef ... Monsieur Le Brun. He doesn't like cameras SO a wonderful dish of scallops is served up by the Head Chef - Kieran Gannon. It's fun and the scallops are very tasty.

1100 - into The Cellar Bar. I love The Cellar Bar ... but not as much as when you could smoke a fat cigar, drink whisky and laugh ... now it's just whisky and a chuckle ... a polite one at that. Met up with Damian Corr - the sommelier & bar manager. He taught me how to make the ultimate Irish Coffee ... watch the show and you too can find out!

Film the hotel all afternoon ... we have yet to get to my suite though...

1800 - after getting lost - thanks to Tim's new GPS and James' inability to use it, we end up at the Jameson Distillery .. home of the famous whiskey. Waiting for us was the lovely PR Jayne and Louis - Brand Ambassador. We went through the "manufacturing" process ... American whisky is distilled once, Scottish twice and Jamesons ... thrice etc! We "sampled" as well. Yum! They very kindly gave me a personalised bottle ... which was going to be for my buddy Gary BUT it has my name on it .. so it's mine! ALL MINE!

2100 - here at my desk ... just ordered room service ... which I hope is nice as I am famished.

ANOTHER early start tomorrow...

(80's) Song of the Day: I Didn't Mean to Turn you On - Robert Palmer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpgvHSmSaNI&feature=related

Weather: Mellow

EXTRA EXTRA: I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - Robert Palmer & UB40 ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJU_YESE7HA&feature=related



with louis - the jameson ambassador
james raids the glove box

mr james joyce
damian corr

head chef - kieran gannon

Irene
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv