Wednesday 1 April 2009

It's the last day in Singapore.

I actually got some sleep last night ... which was fabulous.

First up, a trip to the Amrita Spa on the 3rd floor of the hotel where I had a lavender massage. I think I was "pressed" with lavender infused bundles and then massaged. Anyway, I feel totally relaxed now. I was lucky ... we filmed first ... which always stresses me out ... and after the boys went to film my suite I was treated to a full hour. Yay! THANK YOU BRIDGET & JANICE!

OK - to the Sarkies Suite - which has been my home for the past few nights. There's a lounge with a wet bar, a kitchenette, dining room (with a 12-seater table that can be transformed from a rectangular Western style table to a Chinese round table in 5 minutes), a huge four-poster bedroom suite (for me) and another enormous bedroom with a jacuzzi bath (for a TV wife?). It's named The Sarkies Suite after the four Sarkies brothers who created Raffles along with other legendary hotels in Asia like the Eastern & Oriental in Penang.

The list of guests who have stayed in the hotel is a roll-call of ALL the rich & famous who have ever lived. From the likes of Ava Gardner and Elizabeth Taylor to the A-listers of today. I am hoping that maybe Audrey Hepburn slept on my side of the bed!

The final feature of the day & show - MINT - Museum of Toys. MINT (moment of imagination and nostalgia with toys) houses some of the greatest toys ever made ... and some of the most valuable. A Mickey Mouse Hurdy-Gurdy - US$35,000 ... a Robot - US$15,000 ... a poster of Robby the Robot - US$18,000!!!!! It has to be said that this is one of the most wonderful features I have ever done ... we were all kids once ... some of us still are ... and some of you will bend to my will and become one! Haha! Original Star Wars dolls ... amazing! This is a fabulous place and a DEFINITE must-see in the city.

Off to The Fullerton now to catch a sunset.

SO Singapore!! It's been a quite brilliant week filming here. We have got just about everything we need. Singapore offers a wide range of activities and hotels ... to suit just about every pocket. The service is hit & miss .... as is eveywhere I have visited lately.

I am hoping to be back very soon ... to play some polo maybe.

The people .... gorgeous!

Big, huge, enormous thanks this week to - The Singapore Tourist Board, Mohd at Singapore Airlines, Toon Hee (the guide), Louis, Pierre, Carolyn, Iori ... and the cast of lovely people that made this week superb!

I think this is my favourite time-zone!

Song of the Day: Lucky Man (The Verve)

Song of the Week: You're Gorgeous (Babybird - acoustic version)

Weather: Sad & Moody


lavender massage



lounge
bedroom

if only she were blonde :(


FAREWELL SINGAPORE - WE LOVE YA!


 
blogger template powered by fraktiv