Monday 3 September 2012

Penha Longa (Ritz-Carlton) Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort was opened in 1992. It was first bought by some Japanese businessmen who found it was cheaper to fly from Japan to Lisbon to play golf than it was to play in their own country! Crazy but true ...

The resort has 194 guestrooms and just ONE Imperial Suite ... at 425 m2 ... my home while in Sintra.

Two bedrooms, 3 balconies, sauna, jacuzzi, kitchen, dining room and living room ... all for moi.

PL has 5 restaurants including Midori which serves EXCELLENT Japanese cuisine. Vasco de Gama - by the way - the Portuguese explorer "discovered" Japan so maybe he was the first Westerner to try sashimi, sushi and teriyaki?

The weather is beautiful ... hot, dry and no wind ... and Sintra - a National Park - surrounds us in its stunning beauty.

The day started with an interview with the General Manager - David Martinez ... then meandered through my suite review and now the boys are filming the resort while I have just had one of the BEST massages that I have ever had in Europe ... and a wee visit to the driving range to check (once again) that my new golf clubs work ... I think they do, but not in my hands! Ha!

Golf and Sintra tomorrow ...

Song of the Day: Chicken Payback - The Bees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq7ASMbOpmo

In my office ... contemplating life ... with a cigar of course ...


 with David
 Voulez-vous couchez ... heehee ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv