Monday 24 September 2012

Greetings from Raffles Grand Hotel D'Angkor, Siem Reap.

The hotel was originally built in 1932 ... it's one of the few "grande dame" hotels left in the world. It has 119 rooms & suites - including 2 x 2 bedroom villas ... of which I have one! Yay!

The Grand is quite colonial ... like Raffles Singapore ... and it's "old school" with modern technology hidden discretely.

There's a 35 metre outdoor pool -- restaurants -- shops -- bars (The Elephant Bar is exquisite) -- and a lovely Spa. In my suite, I get loads of complimentary champagne, brand, whisky ... and massages! I am loving it!

My bathroom has a 1930's claw-foot cast iron tub ... very cool!

It's been a VERY humid day ...

Happiness - I went for a swim in the pool at 0300 ... while the hot rain was bucketing down in a monsoon sploosh! Marvellous ... 

Song of the Day: Ray Charles - Chiddy Bang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_TzlSPbYt8

Snooze anyone?
No - that's a shower attachment..
The fabulous General Manager - Christian Sack ... 


A birdcage elevator
The Pool
Janet Chan - from the hotel - has been looking after us! She has a great figure!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv