Tuesday 4 September 2012

Exhaustion reigns in Varun's brain!

Up early for a round of golf ... with the Director of Golf here at Penha Longa, Oliver Ruthemeyer. PL is the first "overseas course I ever played when I started playing the game ... and it was AMAZING to come back and play it again!

With new clubs (Titleist) and bag (Sun Mountain) ... I played rather well!

At the heart of Sintra region is Sintra town (old & new). If I could live anywhere in the world - it would be in the old town ... it's simply magnificent. Sintra was where the Kings & Queens of Portugal lived in Summer to escape the heat of Lisbon.

The Palaces and Quintas that were built in Sintra are just .... well, you HAVE to see them for yourself.

I visited the Quinta da Regaleira - a house like no other and Pena Palace (on Sintra Hill) - a palace like no other.

Last night in Lisbon ... sad ... but what a long and fabulous day!

Song of the Day: Who Wants to Live Forever - Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8-FTvSVxs





 With Alves - from the Quinta
With Carla Ventura - my guide at The Palace
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv