Saturday 19 November 2011

It's not often that on one day, EVERY meal I eat has been prepared in a 3-Michelin starred restaurant!

The morning was spent in Caprice - the 3-Michelin starred restaurant that is run by Chef Vincent Thierry. He prepared two dishes for me - a crab tiramisu and one that featured pigeon and foie gras ... that surprisingly was delicious!

From there, we popped into the "cheese cellar" to meet Jeremy Evrard ... the Master of Cheese and Restaurant Manager at Caprice. He led me through three cheeses -- all from France. The Mimolette extra vieille, the Cabri Ariegeois (a liquid goat cheese!) and a Saint Nectaire. All had a beer or wine pairing! CRAZY Number 2!!

The afternoon was spent with the fabulous Chef Tak at Lung King Heen - 3 Michelin stars. I was made a grouper steamed with garlic and ginger. While this was being made, I interviewed my old friend, the Four Seasons Hong Kong General Manager - Andrew Mackay. We were fed dim sum ... and I was taught about the tea "ceremony" ... which was a precursor to dim sum.

Supper was with Bear at Lung King Heen ... fabulous!

I am EXHAUSTED!
A Bear in the kitchen?!
Chef Vincent


Chef Tak
Mr Cheese - Jeremy
Mr Mackay in the interview
Varun - YOU ARE FIRED!
No Tim! NO!!!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv