Monday 5 September 2011

I am cold ... cold, cold, cold ... it's not that cold in Harads ... but I have just been standing in a freezer that was MINUS 19 degrees ... and Tim was kind enough to pour some snow down my neck!

OK - I am staying at the Treehotel. There are 11 rooms in the main building which was built in the 1930's. It was once an old people's home and now is a guest-house! The house is "listed" so it's filled with cute, quaint and original features.

The Treehotel is famous world over for the 5 suites that sit around 100 metres from the main building. The 5 suites are built in the trees and are contemporary. The hotel was opened in July 2010 ...

The suites: The Mirror Cube - a cube made of mirror that sits in a tree, a Blue House, a UFO, a log Cabin and a Bird's Nest. Five architects were invited to design these suites ... and not only are they unique but are fabulous!

I have been living in the Mirror Cube. 16 square metres in area ... made of pine inside and mirror outside. I don't have a regular toilet ... my "stuff" gets frozen and disposed of ... the integrity of the cube is all important! There's no running water - just an inventive wee glass bottle - and very little storage ... there is underfloor heating, a double bed, internet and one of the most amazing "room" experiences I have ever had!

This place works because of Britta - who with her husband Kent (who is on a trip to Russia this week) fill this place with love and hospitality. I simply LOVE it!

In the afternoon - again with Love - we popped up to Svantes Vilt & Bar - five minutes up the road. Here they process bear, moose and reindeer meat. Erm - it tasted smokey ... hmmm ....


The UFO
It was meant to be Blue!


With Andreas Renberg and Love and meat!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv