Wednesday 28 September 2011

Greetings from Johannesburg Airport (aka "the place where your baggage is opened illegally and items are stolen)! Next stop – London - and home ...

The last two days have been rather internet-free but I hope that our producer Emma has entertained you with her Daily Diary entries.

SO – the week in Botswana is over. I am a few shades darker ... at least five shades Tim reckons!

Two days ago, I was still in the lovely Xaranna Camp ... first up in the day – with my expert guide/personal ornithologist, botanist & zoologist AND action man, Jacques – I travelled by mokoro (boat) to meet with Joseph – a Bushman. He showed us how to hunt, snare and kill prey in the bush ... using bow & arrow, spear and knife - and how to light a camp-fire with just two sticks.

From there, Jacques and I went fishing! Yes – once again, I tried my hand at my least successful sport. Guess what folks? I caught bream ...! Yes – I did! No cheating (dynamite etc) ... and we ate it later! Yum! (Jacques caught two by the way!).

Yesterday we left Xaranna (sad) and flew to Maun ... where we checked in to a local hotel that served up awesome pizza!

Today we went to the Motse Wa Tsholofelo Daycare centre ... a school for 52 little tots – many who are orphans. I love working with &Beyond as the company supports the local community. It was a delightful 90-minutes filming and playing with the kiddies ... ahhhhh!

We had to bid a very sad farewell to Emm at Maun Airport this morning. She is the Regional Director for &Beyond in Botswana and has been looking after us so superbly! Merci Emm!

OK – home ... next week we are off to India!!! Wahoooooooo!!!!

 At the school with the little angels!
 With Nellie at Xaranna


 Yaya!
Just in case Tim misbehaves
 With Joseph

With Jacques and Elicious on the mokoro
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv