Sunday 4 September 2011

I am absolutely exhausted! It's the fresh air here in Harads.

Up early after a really crazy nights sleep. Really weird dreams ... very weird indeed. Will explain tomorrow ...

So met up with my guide Love Rynback (pronounced "Luveh") after breakfast and we ventured up the road to Caspadia's Farm - a working horse farm. Here I met the delightful Cicci Nilsson and her beautiful Irish Cobb horse - Romany. They are a very "ecologically friendly" lot these Swedes and when it comes to moving logs, rather than using trucks, they use horses! I was taught how to be a "log mover"! It was not easy but was great fun! Cicci can move upto 300 trees a day! The logs by the way are used for firewood ... silver birch and pine.

From there, we ventured to the Laplander Lake to try and catch some brown trout. We spent FIVE hours trying ... and failed quite spectacularly! I am not too sad about it ... I have learnt how to cast magnificently!

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep! After a reindeer dinner! Ha!





 
blogger template powered by fraktiv