Friday 23 September 2011

Greetings from Xaranna - my second & Beyond lodge here in Botswana.

I did not sleep last night. Two elephants decided to have an all-night party outside my room. It was noisy, messy and quite an experience! How I laughed as a huge bull tore a tree apart and then chewed on a green branch ... before his partner in crime stomped on an external light fitting!

So sad to say good-bye to Kate, Judy, Speedy and Bring ...

Off on a light aircraft for a 20 minute flight, followed by a 5 minute trip in a game-drive vehicle and then a 45 minute boat trip through reeds and waterways to Xaranna!

It's VERY different to Sandibe ... but it looks awesome! More tomorrow - off for a massage and a snooze!


arrival at Xaranna - warm, welcoming, genuine and tuneful!
The landing strip at Pom Pom

Ahhhhhhhh
With Jacques, my guide on boat to Camp
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv