Tuesday 27 September 2011

Hello it's Emma here again - the boys are still without their technology somewhere in the African Bush. I have no idea what they've been up to today since they've not even managed a phone call... I know that tomorrow they are back to the city of Maun in Botswana for the last day of filming so should be back in touch by then.

In the meantime I have let my mind wander to memories of my own trips to Africa and to think about some of the amusing creatures I've been lucky enough to observe. Now everyone talks about the "Big Five" (Lion, Rhino, Buffalo, Elephant, Leopard) - but to be honest I think it's some of the smaller animals that add true character to the bush!



One of my favourites are the Warthogs, they look so "chunky" but they are pretty fast when they need to be!

Anyway - back to the BIG FIVE - there is in fact another list of FIVE

It's the "SMALL FIVE"

I've got them together here so you can see - it's a bit of fun really!

Buffalo Weaver





Elephant Shrew




Leopard Tortoise





Ant Lion




Rhino Beetle

I am sure Varun will be back with you tomorrow - Bye!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv