Monday 4 July 2011

Ouch!

Well - I fell back to Earth with a bump today - literally once and metaphorically once too ...

First up - 0800, a meeting with Francois Victor - the Spa Manager. He measured my BMI ... and all the other measurements to check my mass/weight/height etc ... all in the name of ... well ... later ...

I then interviwed Mr Gwynn Brand - CEO of CLP. The story of this place is interesting. The regeneration process started in 1931 ... and in the 1980's REALLY took off. By the way - CLP used to make "the" cosmetics ... but not any more ... it has its own brand which is rather good.

There are just 59 rooms including 16 suites in 3 buildings ... one dating back to the 1930's, one 1980's and one VERY recent. Mr Brand is a lovely/decent chap ...

From there we were met by the Montreux tourism lady - Sylvia Wenger - who drove us to Villenueve. There we met Fabien Maillard ... owner of Fly-Xperience - a local paragliding company.

The last time (& only time) I tried paragliding was in Santa Barbara, California where I went solo after 3 minutes of training and nearly killed myself ... and Tim.

Well, this time I went paragliding in tandem ... with Fabien as my pilot.

It was FABULOUS! We launched off a 1400 metre perch and glided softly to the ground. It was just great, great fun. The views were brilliant - Montreux, Villeneuve, Vevey and even Geneva - the other side of Lac Leman.

I would have loved another flight BUT I had a meeting with Dr Adrian Heini - the Medical Director at CLP.

OK - I first visited CLP in 1996! Yes - really! You would have thought that I would have learnt my lessons from that visit ... but no!

15 years later - I am unfit, unhealthy and in serious need of a change of life! And it's started/restarted here ... if I am going to run the NYC Marathon 2012, I have to get fit & healthy! I will ...  
Mr Brand

Coming in to land
Tim captures the moment
with Francois and Adrian
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv