Saturday 16 July 2011

Greetings from the legendary Kulm Hotel in St Moritz, Switzerland.

The last 24 hours have been crazy. I was in Wolfsburg, Germany and was driven (thank you Daniela) to Hanover ... delayed flight (grrr) ... arrived in London quite late and then I drove to my Pops' home ... slept for 5 hours and got back to the airport to fly to Zurich!

Then from Zurich Airport, I caught a train to the city ... changed to one that took me to Chur ... where I changed again to get to St Moritz. The train journey was 3 & 3/4 hours. I HATE trains ... I REALLY HATE trains ... well, I loved the train journeys that I have taken in Russia, India and Australia ... but a recent trip from New York City to Philadelphia made me SO mad, that I vowed never to "let the train take the strain". HOWEVER, my Swiss train experience was delightful! Everyone train was on time, every carriage was clean, all the staff were polite & helpful ... and the scenery was just STUNNING! Travelling around Switzerland? ALWAYS take the train ... driving and flying is a waste of adrenaline ...

SO - Kulm Hotel - over 150 years old! I will explore more tomorrow ... I am playing golf in a mini-tournament ... the roll sheet has me down as an 8-handicap ... I am actually 28!! I wish I was 8!! Hopefully it will be changed before I tee-off or else I will look rather silly ...

We all stand together!


View from my balcony
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv