Monday 18 July 2011

Erm - I won ... well, WE won ... a golf competition! Really ...!

So - awoke to awful, awful rain and headed down early to the Samedan Golf Course - ten minutes drive from the hotel and in the heart of the Engadin Valley. It was founded in 1853 or something crazy like that ... it's OLD!

The course was waterlogged ... but nine holes were playable ... so one hour late, we teed off. I was part of a team of 4 ... one professional, one ex-professional and one semi-professional-dude and ... me ... (handicap 28).

We had GREAT fun ... and thoroughly enjoyed the morning ... and the weather even improved to the extent that I could take off my waterproofs and show-off my Skibo Castle tartan trousers to the world!

I didn't do well ... but I didn't do too badly and unbelievably, of the 15 teams, we WON! Ha!

Whisky ... yum! And I get to come back next year to try it all again!

Last night here at the Hotel Kulm and St Moritz ... it's been relaxing and fabulous ...
Mark Stevenson (pro) from the UK, Rafael Canomanuel (ex-pro) from Spain, Gary "dude" Scott et moi before the results! 
At the prize giving! I have made three new and wonderful friends!
Mr Rocca says "farewell" to St Moritz
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv