Thursday 30 June 2011

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

This morning & the phone rings:

Me: Inside Luxury Travel, this is Varun
Caller: Hi Varun, this is Sally from xxxx PR

Me: Hi Sally, how are you?
Sally: Great! Now the reason I was calling was to tell you about my new client. Can we schedule a meeting?

Me: Yes of course. I am filming for the next week but I have a couple of days after that before my next trip when I can meet up!
Sally: Actually can we meet this evening over a drink?

Me: Not really Sally, I have too much to do before I fly to Geneva ...
Sally: It will only take 30-minutes, it's a virtual meeting.

Me: Erm - excuse me?
Sally: Yes, I will send you a virtual glass of champagne and we can discuss the hotel group over Facebook ... and we may have a couple of other people in my office online too.

Me: (hesitation) Erm - actually can this wait until I am free to meet in person?
Sally: Darlin' - this virtual drinks thing is all the rage!

Me: Um - erm - is that the Postman at the door? Look Sally, I have to rush, I will speak to you later ...
Sally: OK - bye Varun

"virtual meeting over virtual drinks?" - cat pee!

Have a drink on me! Not the same is it?!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv